It's Almost Go Time! And Tapping Some Creative Energy!

Two More Sleeps until the big race! Taper week really hasn't driven me crazy like I know it does to some of you.  I've enjoyed the decrease in miles, more time with my family, and not having to take off to go to the gym right when my husband gets home.  I do think the lower miles has affected my mood some. And is it normal to get sick the week of the marathon?  Because I've been fighting a cold all week.  I woke up this morning with all kinds of grossness.  But I'm not freaking out.  Just taking vitamin C, drinking lots of water, and staying calm about the whole thing.  


I figure that taper week is a good time to tap into my creative energy, do some reflection and get my mind focused on my goals.  And you know what that means for Runninghood...Bring out the journals!  I have not posted a lot about my running journal lately. In fact, I have not been in much of the journaling/creative mood lately either.  I know for awhile there I was including my running journal, personal journal, marriage journal, kids journals, etc. in almost every post.  Some of you enjoyed it and were inspired by it and some of you just said "your journals make me dizzy".  


My Running Journal!


Today's "Get Focused" Collage

Some Mantras I'm focusing on!



Hopefully this will help me kick this cold!

Just about to head out for this workout

Taper Week is so nice!


Signs from my kids!


My sweet 4 year old was so proud of this!  Hard to see but so special!

Ready!

Set....

Go!  Unfortunately I have to wait until Race Day to open this but I know that whatever it is will be the perfect and "just right" something to see before I race.  Thanks Dear Friend.  


1. I announced the winners of the Kara Goucher book this morning.  Angela, you have no blog or e-mail for me to contact you.  If I don't hear from you in 24 hours from when I posted then I'll be moving on to the runner-up!  Hope you read this!  


2.  It's Go Time!  I'm feeling excited to get everything done that needs to be done before we head out but I'm in a good spot!  Thanks for your e-mails and words of encouragement!  


3.  Do you keep a journal of any kind?  Does it help you get your mind focused and clear?  What do you use it for?   

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment