Get 'er Done!

I'm sitting here in my hotel room in San Francisco. Resting after a busy morning and feeling TIRED.  Pooped.  Ready for a long nap but the time is getting away from me and I know I have a challenging workout ahead of me.  It is looming over me like a heavy cloud.  I need some major motivation!  I keep telling myself how wonderful it will feel to be done and have that high that comes from running hard.  I'll have earned that pitcher of beer I plan on sharing with my husband tonight and the high calorie and non nutritious meal will taste that much better!  So, why do I feel so 


UNMOTIVATED?!  


Ugggg, I just need to.....


GET 'ER DONE!  Really, I never use this phrase.  It just came to me when I was thinking of a title for this blog.  So I googled it to see where the phrase came from.  Really kind of funny what I came up with on Urban dictionary:













Get 'er Done git 'er dun
3.Get 'er Done48 up157 down
What one rednecks say when they have an orgasm, usually from riding in their "hot Chevy" or watching too much Girls Gone Wild....
MMM...Yeah, 60 miles per hour damnit, GET Er' Done!!!
by Uncle Ray Ray Aug 17, 2004 share this
1.Get 'er Done240 up16 down
A redneck term used to prod a fellow to complete a task; i.e. finish a beer.
Get 'er done, boy! Finish that natty!
by Tommy Wommy Womsters Sep 24, 2003 share this
2.Get 'er Done27 up107 down
used as an exclamation for something cool or nifty
if a loud jacked up truck drives by, you can say, "Get errr done!" followed by "dats right."
by Manzy Nov 9, 2003 share this

So, I guess I'll be doing this run redneck style and "completing this task!" (middle definition).  Of course it will be way more enjoyable to use this term to refer to finishing my beer tonight..."Get 'er done girl! Finish that Natty!"  Natty?  Does that stand for Natty Light, meaning nasty cheap beer that we drank in college?  Well, for me it will be "Get 'er done girl!  Drink up that Amber Light!"  


My favorite definition for this phrase is the last one to refer to something cool or nifty!  I think I will try this one next time we see a cool building here in San Francisco and then I'll make my husband follow up my "Get 'er done" with a "Dats right!"  


Before I go "get 'er done", here's a picture of my awesome blog buddy meet up this morning.  This is Marjorie from Taking It On, one of my favorite blog connections.  She's as genuine and warm in person as she is in the virtual world.  Love this girl's sense of humor, wise words, adventurous living, and so much more!  Not only is she a mom of four beautiful kids but she is a world traveler, runner, writer, and she used to be an Olympic rower.  So, go say hello to Marjorie at Taking It On!  Thanks for showing us around your city a bit!  


1.  What is your favorite Urban Dictionary definition from of the phrase "Get 'er done" from the ones listed above?  


2.  What do you do to get yourself motivated to get your run, workout, etc. done when you are just not feelin' it? Something that you know you will be happy about once you finish and disappointed in yourself about if you throw in the towel.  


Okay, Peace out!  I'm off to get this tempo run DONE!
Amanda


P.s.  I got 'er done!  
Windy as heck!  I have never in my life felt so much wind while running.  Good Grief!!
2 mile warm up
3 mile tempo @ half marathon pace (barely was doing 7-7:15ish pace in that wind)
1 mile @8:50ish
3 mile tempo @ 7-7:15 ish (slower than I had hoped but I'll take it!)
2 miles @ 8-10 pace


11 miles total
Now on to Happy Hour!  Woot woot!  


I LOVE SAN FRANCISCO!

No comments:

Post a Comment