Boston Buzz

My bloody Boston Shoes (They really were Boston shoes...Boston Addias)


I can feel it!  All the way over here on the west coast.  I can feel the energy, the buzz, the excitement of the Boston Marathon!  In fact, I just entered the runners that I will be officially tracking for the race tomorrow!  This will be my first year to really know someone running!  So much has changed for me since I started this blog in October.  An entirely new world of running has been opened to me and for the first time in my life, I'm following the sport of running instead of just running because I love to run!  I'm also spending way too much money on things I never seemed to need before like:
* running gear
*  books about running
*  entry fees to so many more races
*  Fuel for running
*  Protein powder and recovery products
*  GARMINS
* The list continues to Grow.....


But I'm also LEARNING SO MUCH!  This I love!  


Some Quickies:


*  All this Boston talk and energy floating around is surely contagious.  It is so joyful to see so many people (those running and those watching) coming together for a sport they are passionate about. 


*  All this talk about Boston has definitely got me wishing I was there as I had hoped before my injury but more importantly, it has me beyond excited to be there next year (hopefully!).  


*  I went on my longest run in 7 years (since Boston 2004). 21.3 miles yesterday with my new Garmin 405. Longest Training Run ever!  I've never run over 20 for a training run. I'm trying to figure out how to show you the elevation chart so you can see some of the serious hills I train on but that will have to wait.  This elevation gain also means that I get some good downhills too!  


* Love my Garmin 405 so far!


* I'm using lots of !!!! because I'm so excited about Boston and seeing how the people I care about do.


*  I've been thinking a ton about Boston 2004, my first and only Boston and realizing how much more it means to me now than it did then.  I already wrote a Boston Post where I recapped my experience but as I mentioned there, I didn't really even know what Boston was before I qualified and when I went, it was all new to me.  I was telling a friend tonight how I kind of went thinking that I would just enjoy Boston and see what happened.  I did just enough training to make sure I could run strong without hitting the wall...enough to get me through the marathon but I had no BIG plans or goals.  When I got there some ladies were saying how cool it is to requalify for Boston AT Boston.  That became my plan then and there.  Even though I qualified again, I never have been back.  I was too eager to have babies!  But now I'm ready to go back.  If anything, just to be in a place where the energy is so Amazing and so many people are together for a common passion.  And now that I know so many blog peeps, it would be that much more exciting to meet up with you!  

So happy to have been part of such a great event!  25 year old boobs (before 3 kids) are way perkier than 32 year old boobs (after 3 kids).  And this is without my beloved Handful Bra.

My husband got in the perfect place for a picture.  I want to say this is just after Heartbreak Hill but I could be wrong.

We were so young!  My husband had hair even.  25 years old!

*  My Nephew was born in Washington D.C this week and I got to watch him come into the world via Skype!  How cool is that?  I am so proud and never thought I could love a baby that wasn't mine THIS MUCH!  


Good Luck Boston Runners!  I can't wait to get my text messages letting me know how you do!  


Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment