Veganfit Blog Check It Out!

Happy Saturday! 
Today has been a much needed Saturday! Glorious!  Divine!  
Waking up slowly to our three monkeys jumping and cuddling in our bed.
Coffee
Cake for breakfast
Finishing a good novel
Lazing around in my pajamas with No plans!
Enjoying the sound of my kids running around the house, building forts, and using their imagination.  Even the occassional hair pull and fight isn't bad.
Pure slice of lazing around and soaking up life kind of day!  And counting my blessings!!

No running for me today. After my tempo run yesterday, I had a lot of pain on the front of my ankle/top of my foot.  The pain was there at the start of the run but I thought it was just from my shoes being too tight.  By the time we were walking to happy hour with friends later in the evening, I could feel the pain with every step.  I iced and this morning it is feeling better but I still have some discomfort so I will be taking it EASY PEEZY! 

Good news is that my tempo run cut short was still a run that helped to boost confidence! I wasn't feeling up to doing the mental work and running outside but I did anyway and I'm so glad I did!  So much better than the treadmill!  And I wasn't limited by just sticking to one pace either!  
2 mile warm up @ 8:30-9 pace
mile @ 7:11 (mostly incline/climb)
mile @ 6:40 (flat to gradual downhill)
mile @  6:51 (mix of incline and flat)
cooldown @ 8:03 --Was supposed to do another mile at 6:40/50ish and then 2 mile cool down but I was really feeling the pain in my foot/ankle so decided to call it a day!

This afternoon I made smoothies for the family with:
Kale
Broccoli
Spinach
Frozen blackberries
Strawberries
Plain Yogurt
Udo's Oil
Ground Flax
Whey Protein Powder for my Husband and I

I didn't realize that I was supposed to be grinding my flaxseeds in order for our bodies to properly digest them! I had been putting them in our oatmeal and smoothies whole. Thankfully, I learned about this from my friend Martha's blog: VeganfitPlease go check her blog out and say hello!  She's got a lot of wisdom to share and she's super passionate about what she writes about on her blog.  Even if you're not vegan (I'm not), you're likely to learn some great stuff about nutrition, fitness and health!  So, here's a shout out to http://veganfit.blogspot.com/

1.  What is your favorite thing to include in a smoothie/shake?
2.  Do you do tempo runs? 

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment