A Quickie and a Good Pacer

Follow-up from "Bad Boy".

  1. No, I'm not really irritated with my husband for running a casual 19ish 5k.  He's awesome!  I thought his text was funny and I was teasing about being annoyed.  I know he can run much faster than a 19. I'm glad he will push me and be my racing partner in the next couple races.  I just hope I don't feel like chewing his head off when he tells me to go faster and dig deep.  
  2. LIttle Man Runninghood has only been in time out 3 times this morning.  Once for throwing his oatmeal with flax seeds across the table because he wanted more and there wasn't anymore.  A second time because he tried to hit me and call me a bad boy when I tried to change his diaper and informed him that he wouldn't be racing the 5k with me next week.  
  3. My 5k next week is part of my marathon training.  I'm not tapering for it...it is a "tune-up" race.  In fact, 2 days before it, I will be running repeat miles. 
  4. I'm realizing that if it is time to start leaving my little guy with a babysitter more often.  He has some major anxiety about leaving me and I'm afraid that if I don't start leaving him to cry it out now then I will be one of those parents who stands by his classroom door because he can't handle it.  Next week we are leaving him with our teenage nephew so we can go race together.  He is going to FREAK.  No, he will be fine.  Yes, that is what I will believe.  
  5. I ran in my Brooks Launch shoes last night for my 12 repeat 400's (9 miles total with warm up and cool down) and They. Felt. Great!  Here's to hoping that things stay great with them.  I rolled, iced, stretched and ate some protein when I got home just to take extra good care of myself.  I didn't feel funny in them like I have been feeling in my Mizunos.  They felt light, natural, and my form/stride felt great.  Today I feel fabulous!

1.  If you have kids, was it ever hard to leave them with a babysitter or child care?  My girls did fine with this because I worked.  I have been home since this little guy was born, so this is a very difficult thing for him.  

2.  Do you  have any races coming up?  

3.  What is your favorite distance to race?  Least favorite?

4.  Does your training plan ever call for "Tune-Up" races as part of the training?  


Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment