Bad Boy





Some Random Mommy thoughts for today:



  • What is up with my son calling me and everyone else "Bad Boy"? Everything and everyone is Bad Boy these days. All you have to do is look at him funny and you, my friend, are a "BAD BOY". Now, I know what you're thinking. "Hmmm, he must get that from somewhere. That's not nice to call your son bad boy." No, I do NOT call my son bad boy. In fact, I have always tried hard to never refer to my children as bad or good but rather to only refer to their choices as poor or good. I have his oldest sister to blame for the Bad Boy thing.
  • Not only is this little man into calling everyone Bad, he doesn't think twice about smacking his sisters in the head, grabbing their hair, and throwing his toys across the room while he grunts and hits his chest.  Okay, so no grunting or chest pumps but he might as well.  His morning consisted of at least 3-5 time outs in his crib.  "Bad Boy Chillin' in the Crib" would be the title of his movie if he had a movie made after him.  
  • Little man Runninghood really is a great kid.  He has a lot to compete with to get our attention and I bet it is hard being 20 months when you can't quite express yourself in fluent sentences.  I'd probably throw, grunt, and express my power and control in little ways throughout the day too.  


Oh, how I love this little man anyway!



  • Why do my daughters insist on fighting over almost identical unicorn jewelry boxes that have been forgotten about for the past year? Each one so fired up and insistent that THEIRS is the one with the Unicorn with the bigger horn or something. Good grief. Both of the boxes are mine now. I will find a use for them. 
  •  Why did I think it might be a good idea to take my exhausted and feisty 20 month old and 3 year old into Portland Running Company to find the perfect shoe for me? What was I thinking? And I will never again argue with people that tell me that having a boy is an entirely different ball game! I BELIEVE YOU NOW!!! Thank God that the retired professional bad ass runner dude who was watching me run and fitting me with the perfect shoe had kids of his own. He seemed to understand. Yet one more reason why I LOVE the Portland Running Company and now feel even more guilty about being a cheating running shoe whore and shopping at RunningWarehouse online. After today, I will never cheat again. Unless Running Warehouse has an awesome sale. 



Shoes Shoes Shoes and More Shoes

  • Didn't Amanda just buy a crap load of shoes online?! Why oh why is she shopping for shoes AGAIN?! 
  • Yes, yes, Yes, I did. But. I'm not sold on them. I've run 1-2 times on the treadmill with the Mizuno Inspires and I tried out the Wave Riders briefly...just not working for me. 
  • I'm returning my shoes from Running Warehouse. 
  • I'm determined to find "MY SHOE" 
  • I ran for the super awesome runner dude at Portland Running Company in a variety of shoes. He told me that I'm not really overpronating much at all. He suggested a neutral shoe with mild support. 
  • He fit me in an Asics Gel Cumulous 12. A neutral Shoe with some support. 
  • Why are some Asics shoes named after clouds? 
  • I also bought a pair of Brooks Launch shoes for my speed/tempo days and for racing in. 
  • I will try both of these shoes out this week on the treadmill and then return them if they don't work. The Portland Running Company is cool like that. 
  • I'm excited if the Brooks Launch shoes work for me because then I can be just like Jenn. No, really, I've heard they are a great shoe and I'd love them to be great for me too. 
  • Still can't believe that I've been running for so many years and don't really have "MY Shoe" yet. Having kids took me out for awhile (my choice) and then this hamstring injury changed the way running feels to me. 


Random Running Thoughts
  • I'm trying to stay positive and dream big 
  • The past few days there has been a tiny voice in the back of my head saying things like "What if you don't have it in you to run like you want to now?" "What if you will never run fast? You really are dreaming too big. Who do you think you are? There are so many people better than you so what are you joking yourself for? Why are you taking this so seriously when you really don't matter in the big picture of good runners?" I'm trying to silence this voice and keep on keeping on. I'm trying to remind myself that it is about being the best runner that I can be...pushing myself to MY limits...not somebody else's limits. 
  • This is important to me. I don't plan on being this obsessed about running forever. Once I prove to myself that I can still do it and that I can be better than I ever was ready for before, then I think I will probably go back to enjoying running for fitness and fun. 
  • Something irritating about my husband calling himself a "non runner" but then texting me that he just ran our 5k race course that we are running in a couple weeks and just casually noting that he ran it in 19:17 (not racing). So easy for him and his nonrunner self. Grrr. At least he is going to pace me when we run it. 
  • Excited for my increased mileage and workouts this week!


    Amanda

    No comments:

    Post a Comment